MOST POPULAR WINTER WHEEL AND TYRE FAQ'S
Selecting your vehicle manufacturer and vehicle model in the top bar will show wheels that are suitable for your vehicle. You can then use the filters on the left to identify your specific model to find exactly what fits. We do not need your fitment specifics such as offset and PCD as all of our wheels are verified by TUV before sale. In all cases, you are required to provide your vehicle registration when adding the product to cart, we use your registration to confirm that the wheels you have ordered will fit your vehicle, if they aren't suitable, we notify you before we send anything to you and resolve the issue.
- Yes, completely! Or your money back. All of our wheels are guaranteed to fit your vehicle, if they don't we'll collect the wheels and provide a full refund! When we receive your order, we make final checks using your vehicle registration that the wheels will fit your vehicle, if there is a problem, we will look to change your order to an alternative or refund you.
- We provide a handy fitting leaflet that will arrive with your wheels that will guide you through fitting the wheels to your vehicle. We provide any bolts or nuts required to fit your new wheels to your vehicle, you just need a jack, a suitable brace (wrench) and 30-60 minutes. The fitting guide will advise you how to fit your new wheels as well as remove your old ones, it also advises you of torque settings if different from your standard settings.
- Most wheels that we offer use your vehicle's original bolts or nuts, however some wheels need new bolts, but don't worry we'll work that out and send you whatever is needed for the wheels to fit and provide details in the supplied fitting guide.
If we do supply new bolts, we will supply you with a handy bag to store them in. Additionally, you can find out if the wheels you want will be supplied with bolts or if they use your original bolts on the wheel product page, simply open the "Wheel Specification" tab at the bottom of the page and look for the "Fixings" row.
- No, generally winter wheels and tyres are 16" and 17" on larger engines or larger vehicles, however the options listed on our site are the most common for your vehicle. The smaller the winter tyre, the better it performs, it is also a little cheaper. Just be sure to find your vehicle on our site and we will advise you which sizes fit.
- The tyre sizes we list on our site are suitable for the vehicle and the wheel that we are offering them for. There are variations in tyre sizes as wheel sizes increase and decrease and winter tyres are better performing in higher profile tyre sizes. We do however ensure that we only offer TÜV approved sizes which are within acceptable tolerances to the outer diameter to your current wheel and tyre diameter.
- Yes, we usually recommend that you drop an inch or two in wheel diameter when buying winter wheels and tyres. This is because performance is greater in the narrower higher profile winter tyres, and the smaller the wheels, the more money you will save.
- Yes, we will sell you the same wheel sizes and tyre sizes that your vehicle manufacturer will offer you in their own winter programme, we also work from TUV approvals and follow the German market which provides us with all of the technical data according to which wheels and tyres each specific vehicle needs. As we recommend to drop an inch or two in wheel diameter, in smaller wheel sizes, the wheels are the same widths front and rear, therefore we fit the same width tyre front and rear. In addition, split width wheels and winter tyres can be difficult to find and will be far more expensive than a regular wheel and tyre package.
- Most insurance companies do not need to be informed, nor does it affect your insurance and most importantly no additional premium is required. The ABi (Association of British Insurers) have published advice along with a list of insurers and their policy on winter tyres. You should be able to find your insurer and their policy on winter wheels and tyres in this document: https://www.abi.org.uk/globalassets/sitecore/files/documents/publications/public/migrated/motor/abi-guide-to-winter-tyres-the-motor-insurance-commitment.pdf
- Most people fit their winter wheels November to March. The truth is that their is no set answer other than to say that the benefits of a winter tyre are best in temperatures of 7 degrees and below. That is not to say that they should be removed if the temperature peaks above 7 degrees, they will still work fine, but the point being that if the average temperature is 7 degrees or lower, your winter tyres will perform better in the cold, rain, sleet and snow than your summer tyres will.
- We offer a 2 year warranty as standard on all wheels, we also offer a free extended 5 year warranty on alloy wheels which you register for when you receive your wheels *terms apply.
- Sorry we do not offer this service, we specialise in providing you with wheels and any fixings that you need to fit the wheels to your vehicle yourself. We also include a step by step guide. However for a small charge, a local garage will swap your winter and summer wheels over, please contact your local garage for prices.
- In most cases yes! If your tyres are a standard size for your vehicle, then the wheels we supply will most likely be an appropriate width for your tyres. A good way to check is by selecting a wheel from our site, then looking at the tyre size that we offer. If it is the same size, great they fit, if not please contact us with the wheel that you want, along with your tyre size and we will check it for you.
- We provide live stock information on the wheel product page. The stock information is located just below the price. If the item is in stock and you are located on the UK mainland, delivery should be next working day subject to the delivery terms. If an item is not in stock, it may be on its way or need to be ordered in. In this case, delivery may take up to 7 days, again see the advice on the product page. We also provide an estimated shipping day in the checkout area for mainland UK delivery addresses.
- When your wheels are dispatched we will email you and advise you on which service the wheels have been sent. On the day of delivery our courier will text you with a 1 hour delivery window when your wheels will be delivered. This is a free service available to the UK only provided that a valid mobile number is provided.
- Yes, we used the latest in tyre fitting and digital balancing technology within a 'tyre bar free' environment. Our semi-automated tyre fitting facility, and high quality balance weights and valves mean that your wheels and tyres reach you in perfect condition to fit to your vehicle. Find out more about fitting and balancing...
- We use sticky weights on alloy wheels, and clamping weights on steel wheels. The high adhesive sticky weights are of the highest quality and an absolute must on alloy wheels. The clamping weights used on steel wheels are required as there is no space inside the wheel for sticky weights, but don't worry, we use the highest quality weights and take great care in fitting them!
- Simply put, as soon as you can. With all the best will in the world we try to keep our prices constant, however further in to the season as demand increases across Europe our purchase prices rise, and whilst we stock thousands of wheels and tyres, stock availability is reduced in peak season as wheel manufacturers struggle to meet demand. To avoid disappointment, we recommend to order your package as soon as possible.
- For optimal safety we recommend that all 4 wheels are fitted with winter tyres. This will increase traction and stability of the vehicle.
- You should drive according to the conditions in which you are driving. There is no need to drive any slower on the winter tyres we provide than you would on your summer tyres.
- No, although in many countries in Europe the use of winter tyres is mandatory in winter months from a legal perspective and in the interest of the car insurance companies. In the UK there is no specific legislation, provided that they are suitable for the vehicle they are legal (as all of our packages are).
- Your winter tyres are best stored in a vertical position out of direct sunlight. UV Rays from the sun will age any tyre, even if they are sat around for six months, so keep them out of sun. Ideally you should rotate the stored tyres by 180 degrees a couple of times over the summer. The bext way to avoid sunlight hitting the tyre wall when in storage is to use our storage bags found in the accessories section of our website.
- No, these will work in exactly the same way as with your summer tyres fitted.